Sistah girl, our periods are, like, totally in sync!

Can someone tell me what NIA is? Is it a bunch of women connecting their wombs with phases of the moon? Does the instructor say, “Okay ladies! Make like a train and choo-choo!” and everyone assembles into an estrogen-heavy conga line and yells, “Chugga-chugga-chugga! Woo-woo!”

I need a new workout routine, something more strenuous than lifting my 30-lb son onto my lap or off of my lap and in front of his other mother, the television. Sure I burn calories from the grueling trek I make from this desk to the refrigerator upstairs, but it’s quickly negated with the tub of cookies and cream.

Hey, maybe I’ll actually do something on a regular basis, as regular as the gym membership fee that’s automatically deducted from my account even though I haven’t been there in a working-out capacity in months. And by months, I mean, Nathan’s birthday, specifically, the day he was born.

Comments

1. skiplovey says:

Oh I just canceled my membership to the gym. They don’t have daycare and I’m not getting a babysitter just so I can go lift weights. Not when I can go and do something way more fun like shopping or taking my butt to lunch. Why can’t lifting heavy babies around all day get rid of the muffin top?

2. hello insomnia says:

skiplovey, that’s what I’m saying. Why can I use my son for weight-training?

3. Type (little) a says:

The gym. Ouch. I haven’t been for like 3 weeks. I made a personal trainer appt for tonight. DO NOT WANT.

4. Type (little) a says:

And oh yeah, NIA id fun, if a little crunchy granola sage burning wiccan complete with “world” music.

If you can ignore all that, you can have fun.

I live in East Texas. We’ll get Nia here in about 4-7 years.

Dwight has warned against that, periods being in sync. Something about the city sewer, I believe.

Are you ladies kidding? If I had more time, I’d dig up all the magazines with the “baby exercising” articles in it. It seems like when I wanted to lose weight after pregnancy, that was the only kind of exercises they had for ‘us.’ Go figure.

7. NIA? 30 pounds?? I want to squeeze your son.

8. stfu? nfw. says:

I don’t understand what NIA is, either.

I’ve decided not to renew our ASF membership. It’s become entirely too crowded there. I’ve been a member for 4 years now, so I’m a little sad to let it go… but not quite sad enough to stick around.

Have you been to the YMCA over there? I’m thinking maybe that’s where we’ll end up. Perhaps I should just be more religious about putting K in the BOB and going for long walks… my BOB has the bonus of not incurring a monthly fee.

9. Sleep Disorders Guide Blog says:

Hey Hello Insomnia,

“his other mother, the television.” LOL.

Regular exercise and gym is very good for health… because health is wealthy and we could get this healthy wealth is regular exercise… šŸ™‚