- I received an awesome package from my sister, Bobbie, courtesy of mytenda.com. My birthday (IN TWO DAYS!) presents were a shirt for Nathan, Chamorro cookies, pineapple nut cookies and pan toasta sticks from Herman’s Bakery. Pan toasta is toasted bread sticks that have the delicious crunchy starch I love. My mother eats this every day for breakfast while she drinks milk and water from a bowl. She doesn’t use a cup because it doesn’t hold enough liquid for her. If she’s visiting my sister, she will bring her own bowl. She has a bowl in my cupboard saved especially for her.
- One of my favorite coats was a few sizes smaller when I got it, but now I find it even more snug. This could mean that my boobs have gotten bigger, or my back has gotten fatter.
- When Mike dropped Nathan at daycare, one of the little boys asked him, “What language is your wife?”
- My car was diagnosed as having a worn battery which is why it wouldn’t turn over. None of the shops that sell car paraphernalia can install it for me and please don’t tell me that this is something I could easily do myself because my auto-know-how is laughable.
- I’m going to see Cloverfield tomorrow with these hot ladies and I will know what is that monster! Finally, a J.J. Abrams joint with an answer!
- Another daycare ditty: I had dressed Nathan up in a cute vest, white collared shirt and khakis because we had a wedding to attend that afternoon. Two little girls overheard me explain to the daycare provider that Nathan was going to a wedding, so after I left, they asked her, “Who’s Nathan marrying?”
Friday miscellany, now in bullet form!
January 18, 2008 · By · 15 Comments