Four reasons why you probably won’t invite me over for wine and cheese and smooth jazz

1. I don’t like Garrison Keillor.

2. I could never get past “Who is John Galt?” in Atlas Shrugged. And it’s the first line.

3. I just watched the first few episodes of Arrested Development on Hulu.com and now I will have to make time for all this rich, family dysfunction.

4. I could not continue watching Charlie Wilson’s War after the scene where Julia Roberts separates her eyelashes using a safety pin. But Mike really loved the movie so I said, “If you love it so much, why don’t you marry Tom Hanks and the two of you could change the name of the movie to Mike’s and Charlie Wilson’s War On Banning Same-sex Marriage?”

Comments

1. audrey says:

I don’t like Garrison Keillor either! I see people (like my dad) who think he’s all that and a bag of potato chips and I just don’t get it. Why do people love that guy so much?

Arrested Development is amazing. (Except I really only liked the first season.)

2. Sizzle says:

1. I had to read who Garrison Keillor was.

2. I have never read any Ayn Rand.

3. Love Arrested Development but haven’t watched it enough.

4. The eyelash part wigged me out of that movie!

3. Swistle says:

I couldn’t get into Atlas Shrugged, either. I kept hearing people raving about how it had CHANGED THEIR LIVES, and I’d read about ten pages and realize I hadn’t taken in a single word. And that it was really, really pompous and boring.

4. Apparently I stand alone on your blog …I like Garrison Keillor. On the radio. I did not enjoy the Prairie Home Companion movie.

Atlas Shrugged? What?

Arrested Development, The Office, 30 Rock. Heck yeah!

Charlie Wilson’s War…is this an older movie?

5. willikat says:

i have to stick up for garrison since he’s a minnesotan. but hello, arrested development is like the best tv show ever-never should have been canceled.

6. Pickles & Dimes says:

I AM a Minnesotan and I despise Garrison Keillor. I got dragged to one of his shows once, and the whole time I was seething because = NOT FUNNY.

I too could not get into Atlas Shrugged.

Arrested Development was the best-written and best-acted show out there. I’m so sad it’s gone. We burned through the whole series on DVD in less than a week.

7. stfu? nfw. says:

How can you not like Garrison Keillor?