my humps, my humps

There’s this weight loss surgery commercial for the Lap Band which features a black and white montage of people saying what they would do if they lost weight. One woman says, “I would visit my sister in Seattle.” I’ve always been puzzled at this part because what is she trying to say about Seattle? That we don’t allow morbidly obese people within city limits? We have a quota of fat people and she can only visit when I’m not in town?

That is completely untrue and I know this because I was allowed to buy a house and I don’t remember the mortgage application asking me, “What are you going to do with all that junk? All that junk inside that trunk?”

I tried to make a lipdub of the Jem theme song but it seems my backup singer and I have creative differences.

me and my backup singer from mona on Vimeo.

Comments

1. Yes! Jem! Oh that takes me back.
    Maybe the little guy would have done better with He-Man. Not as many words.

Are you going to force him to play with Barbies too?

JK.

3. shirley eugist says:

Wow, Jem! I thought I was the only person who had been thinking about her as of late.

When my mom had her lap band surgery (and I’m not even going to go there regarding whether or not I think it was a good decision for her), she used the clinic in Seattle. So perhaps the lady from the commercial is also from Portland and is planning to drive up and stay with her sister around the time she’s having it done.

Or maybe she’s like one of those Jerry Springer types who are so big that she cain’t leave her house, like the mom in “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?”

Or maybe her sister is a judgmental narf-head and the lady doesn’t want to visit her until she’s “acceptable” by her sister’s point of view.

I could go on forever…

What a great laugh he has! I’d do that all day to hear a laugh like that out of E, wouldn’t you? ๐Ÿ™‚

By the way, I think we have our fair share of fatties in Seattle… probably more than average, so I think what she’s saying is accurate. Some of them having to leave first. Think of all the cruise ships that come through here… those people are around for at least a day!

anne

nope nope nope, Sacramento has the fattiest fatties I’ve ever seen.

6. i vote the commercial woman lives on the east coast, and she can’t fit into an airplane seat to go visit her seattle sister.

although i do always think of seattle as one of those “healthy” places in my mind, like boulder, colorado. i’ve never been to seattle ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree that it’s all about fitting on a plane. I have a friend who has to buy 2 seats for the plane ride. Not kidding.

Nathan looks cute.

8. Momisodes says:

Holy 1980’s Batman. I loved singing Jem’s theme song…and pretending I had pink, poofy hair.

His giggles are too cute ๐Ÿ™‚

9. The Introvert says:

You crack me up. You’re “Truly Outrageous!”

10. I love Jem! I still have my Jem cassette tape with all of their songs and every once in awhile while I’m home alone I listen to it.

11. Jem?? Jem!!!! Oh god, I can still sing along (and did). I still want pink hair.