best regards

I have always been fascinated with how people sign their emails. I used to write "pax" until Brad and Angelina gave their son that name and I couldn't use that lest people think that wasn't Latin for "peace" but rather "TEAM JOLIE!"

It's a study in human behavior and if I actually took that class in college, I could dazzle you with some intricate scientific theories. But I took human sexuality, a 500-student class I called "DIRTY AT 2:30!"

I don't have any Ghandi quotes in my signature, though I'm tempted to insert that Simpsons quote when Ralph says something like, "I fail English? That's unpossible!"

What do you do? Are you a "best regards" or a "check yo self before you wreck yo self, homes"?

Comments

1. I always wanted to put something real profound for my signature…but I was too lazy to find anything that someone else said first to quote them and I am definitely not clever enough to make up my own.
    Nowadays, I’m just trying to get the peoples to read my blog. So that’s it, just the URL. Boring.

2. Pickles and Dimes says:

Our work signatures are office-dictated, so no leeway there. Elsewhere, I usually just sign my name because I’m lazy. Or else I’ll end with “Cheers” or “respectfully.”

3. I am a self promoter. I usually just have my blog address. If they don’t know who I am by the inane content of the letter then I sent it to the wrong person.
    By the way, I love the Simpson quote…I vote for that.

As you can see from my previous comment, I don’t usually sign out as anything. But I have a couple signatures that I like to use occasionally.

“Not all who wander are lost” was my motto after I traveled for a year.

“If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keeping getting what you’ve always got”.

Those aren’t really sign offs, more like signatures. When I go, it’s usually take care or xoxoxo’s

5. Shana–i don't jazz up my sig either. But now I am totally going to sign off with "sloppy kisses." Just for fun!

P&D–our office doesn't have a strict policy, so it really depends on the recipient. If it's a group email, I'll say "best regards" but if it's someone I know I will say cheers even though I am not british. Or drinking.

Rachel–it's hard to link my blog without saying what "kirida" means because people usually go, huh?

Grrl: I have never gotten an xoxoxoxo from you. The hell?

6. stfu? nfw. says:

I just usually write “KJ.” No Love, Sincerely, Best Regards… the people I email know I love them and send them my best regards. So I figure it’s implied, and just write:

KJ.

I’m an xoxoxo…with one of my favorite pictures and a link to my blog…shameless promotions.

When I had a job, I used to make kickass signatures with pictures and quotes and what-not. Then they got banned and we had to put stupid crap in there. I rebelled and just put my info.

My blog email automatically adds my link to the bottom, but I often delete it.

Most of my emails, I sign off by saying (regardless of whether or not I should really be thanking them):

Thanks!
    Amy

I hate best regards but love “positively” it does a succinct way of saying “I don’t have room for negativity in my energy fields.”

A friend of mine used “be well.”

10. at work, I’m like amy… nearly always sign off with “thanks, alice” regardless of whether the party deserved to be thanked 🙂

I don’t have any tagline on my personal email and definitely not my blog… there are too many people I do NOT want reading it!

11. la vie joie says:

Best regards for work. My personal e-mails usually end in “take care,” “love” or “xoxoxo” joie. Not very original or creative.