I am really troubled by this commercial for this product called Listen Up because it seems to be targeted for the following markets:
1. Husbands who just want to watch coed oil wrestling shows without their wives nagging, especially since they can’t shout back, “YOU DON’T HEAR ME COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR CPAP MACHINE, WOMAN!”
2. Wives who want to gossip on the phone but can’t because their hearing-impaired husbands watch oil wrestling shows at HIGH VOLUMES!
3. Gray-haired women who like to listen to birds while contemplating which exercise class to take next: African dance or hip-hop moves. The sounds of nature will help them decide which piece of large wooden ethnic jewelery they’ll wear to the smooth jazz concert!
4. Nosy neighbors who feign sorting through AARP mail offers while eavesdropping into the lives of the younger women (those hussies!).
5. Creepy guys at the gym who point listening devices at women because when you hold up an electronic item toward your target, it is not obvious at all! WAY TO BE STEALTH, GENIUS!
6. Moms who need to find out which brat said, “My daddy said your mom’s that way because she’s frigid.”
Does this seem creepy at all?