happy birthday, love

my husband

my husband

It’s my husband’s birthday and I have a small request of you, dear friend: Could you please leave a nice birthday message in the comments? I’m going to print them out and present them to him tonight. He’s a tireless educator, dedicated father and my opposite-marriage-life-partner. I know he would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

1. Happy birthday, Mike! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and an incredible year.

2. Happy birthday! It’s nice to know there are still good guys out there πŸ™‚

3. Happy Happy Birthday Mike !

4. Happy Birthday, Mike!

5. Hi Mike,
    Happy birthday! I’m glad I actually got to meet you a couple times and sorry we didn’t get to have you all over before we moved – next week! I hope you have a fantastic birthday – I’m sure Mona will think of something great to surprise you with…Take care!
    Anne (the one who met you at the park across from Target and told you I knew who you were from the blog)

6. Happy birthday Mike! Even though I have only met you once, news of your awesomeness infiltrates all the way to Portland on a regular basis. Your wife and son obviously love you very much, and obviously you are a kick-ass teacher, so I’m sure your students value you just as much. I can only hope to achieve all of that in a single lifetime. -your friend in PDX, ha
    PS-Did Mona get you a Wii for your birthday? ; )

7. Happy birthday Mike! You helped me immensely with my first creative writing class, and I’ve never even met you! The time you took from your day to help me was such a nice favor, and I look forward to passing it along. Have a wonderful day with your beautiful family!
    Melina

8. Happy birthday Mike. Thanks for all the good grades!

Have a good one,

Rachel

9. From the looks of things I’d have to say our mothers obviously had the same taste when it came to dressing the children. Not only did I have that jacket I still have the PTSD that went with wearing it in public.

Happy 27th birthday.

10. Jennifer says:

Happy Birthday dude, I know you are totally awesome just because I saw you roller skating on that video that Mona put up a while back. I’m one of Mona’s readers who is (*cough*) closer to your age than to hers, and I totally recognize that Olan Mills photo on this page here. I have more than a few of those myself, taken back in the good old 1960’s.

At this point every birthday’s a good birthday, ’cause we’re still here, HA!

11. Happy Birthday Mr. Mike!! Such a big boy you’ve become. πŸ™‚

12. Type little michele says:

Happy Birthday Mike. Even if you are a Taurus. Just kidding. I only know you through Mona, of course, but based on your wife picking skills, I’d say you’re all right.

Enjoy.

13. Deborah says:

Happy Birthday Hicks!

14. Happy birthday, Mike! I feel kind of on the spot because I know Mona is reading these aloud, so I’m picturing her reading a list of “Happy birthday, Mike!” “Happy birthday, Mike!” “Happy birthday, Mike!” and it seems like that might get dull.

15. banana says:

Happy birthday to Mike! (see how I switched it up with the “to” – variety is the spice of life)

16. happy birthday, mike! enjoy your day!

(mona, do as he says!)

17. Happy Birthday Mike! How young are you now ? I hope it’s a great birthday. Your wifey is awesome πŸ™‚

18. HAPPY, HAPPY, many many HAPPY Birthdays to you big brother. What a great way to remind you that you are a not only a great dad and husband (which we read on Mona’s blog,) but a wonderful brother.
    Thank you for being a funny and “crazy” big brother. We will never forget how you have always entertained us (and continue to do so), and bring smiles to our faces.
    I still “chuckle” when I think about you with Mom’s bra on your head!!!
    You continue to touch many lives and leave such a great impression.

MUCH LOVE,
    Your favorite “youngest” sister
    Shell

19. Hi Uncle Mike it’s Adam. I miss you and I hope you have a happy birthday.

20. Anthony says:

Happy birthday, Poet Populist!

21. Happy Birthday Mike! You don’t know me at all and I have never met you. BUT! Mona says you are an awesome husband, father and teacher and I have a lot of respect for men like you. I hope you have a fabulous birthday and I will have some cake tonight in your honor!

22. Happy Birthday!!

23. Mark (your bro) says:

Hey Bro! Happy Bday! Wish i was there to celebrate with you :),

Mark

24. Happy Birthday to a guy who’ll send you poems even though you live in Canada!
    Have a great day!

25. Happy, happy birthday!

26. kathleen says:

Happy Birthday Mike! We need more tireless educators and dedicated fathers. Have a great one!

27. Happy Birthday Mike! Happy birthday from the family in Saipan……

28. (You have to clap and sing this one, restaurant style!)

Happy happy birthday, from Deece Revilla to you! I hope you have a great birthday! But please don’t eat cheese stew!

Happy birthday, Mike! That is an awesome photo of you! I hope you have a great birthday weekend!

29. happy birthday to an awesome poet, who also happens to have awesome taste in women.

30. Sandra says:

Have a wonderful birthday!

31. Happy Birthday Mike! You have a beautiful family!

32. Happy Birthday Mike!

33. Adrianna & Cheryl says:

Happy Birthday!!! You’re lucky to catch a girl from Saipan! They are amazing!!! We know! πŸ˜‰

34. Happy birthday!

35. patreesha says:

I hope I’m not too late to hop on the birthday train! Happy birthday, Mike!

36. Arlene Cabrera says:

Happy Belated Birthday Mike!… and Happy Happy Birthday NATHAN!!!!

Love Dandan Family

37. Elizabeth says:

so I know I’m a little late….but I wanted to wish Mike a happy birthday- I was his student at SSCC and LOVED his classes and wanted to wish him the best for the year ahead!

(has he ever thought of keeping a blog? It would probably be hilarious)

The student formerly known as C ornutt

38. Happy belated birthday to the big guy~

And I agree, for his birthday present you should give him…his own blog~!

39. I’m almost a month late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!

We have the same birthday! Fine day, it is. πŸ˜‰